Simple Writing System Express Course
"The Pint of Beer Challenge"
Lesson #1 - The Bar Conversation
You made it!
Welcome to your first lesson of the Simple Writing System Express Course "Pint of Beer Challenge."
I'm Aaron Gentzler. I'm going to be your coach for this mini-workshop.
Ready to rock?
Today’s lesson is one of my favorites.
You're going to lay the foundation upon which you will build the rest of your copy.
It doesn’t matter what you’re writing: ads, emails, blogs, sales letters, VSLs, social media posts, affiliate copy, webinars, presentations, white papers, phone scripts, whatever.
You’ll continually refer back to what you learn from this lesson today.
Not surprisingly, it starts with alcohol. (If you’re not a drinker, don’t worry, it works with coffee, too. You’ll get where we’re going with this…)
And with that, let's hear directly from John Carlton...
(Click on the image to watch the short video lesson below, and we'll talk again in a minute).
Insightful stuff, huh? Now let’s turn it back to you.
Here’s what I want you to do:
You've watched the video. (Go YOU!!!)
2. Now, think what your “perfect prospect” (who’s sitting next to you at this bar) would say...
3. And, write that conversation out below.
4. Finally, wait for my feedback (I absolutely love teaching, so I'll reply to as many posts as I can during this free course.)
Now, if you're a little stuck and drawing a blank, here are some questions to help you through this...
The key here is to get into their innermost thoughts and environment.
So go ahead, give it a go and write out what your prospect is dealing with below...
Important note from your host, Stan Dahl.
When you've finished this exercise, you should find an email with Lesson #2 in your inbox.
In this mini version of The Simple Writing System, just like the full SWS Coaching Program, everything happens on your schedule, not ours.
My recommendation, based on what we've learned coaching over 1000 people through this program, is that you are probably going to get the most out of this training if you:
1. Take a few moments to think about and type what your ideal prospect said in the comments section below.
2. Check back in a few hours or tomorrow morning. Most likely, Aaron will have some feedback for you. Consider what he wrote, and take some time to review the feedback he's given to others.
3. Then, with that extra coaching and understanding, open up Lesson #2, watch that video, and do that exercise.
I strongly suggest you watch this video and complete this exercise before moving on. Just like in the full Simple Writing System Coaching Program, these mini-lessons are in a specific order. They build on each other. Skipping ahead won’t help you in the long run.
However, if you want to move through the lessons more quickly and dive into Lesson #2 right away, go for it.
Look for an email from me in your inbox.
These SWS "Pint of Beer Challenge" Express Course lessons will be available for just a few more days.
You can still devour the staggering amount of copywriting and marketing experience Aaron handed out during the week of free coaching.
Watch the videos… do the exercises…
… and don't forget slots in the complete Simple Writing System Coaching Program are going fast.
Enter your SWS Exercise in the Comments Section below...